Oklahoma's National Register of Historic Places

Use your browser's back button to return to the query.

ID Number 76001565
Historic Name MARLAND-PARIS HOUSE
Description of Significance THE MARLAND-PARIS HOUSE WAS BUILT IN 1916 IN THE ITALIAN RENAISSANCE STYLE. DESIGNED BY RENOWNED OKLAHOMA CITY ARCHITECT, GEORGE FORSYTH, THIS RESIDENCE IS TWO-AND-ONE-HALF-STORIES, CLAD IN STUCCO, WITH A HIPPED CLAY TILE ROOF. THE MARLAND-PARIS HOUSE WAS THE ORIGINAL PONCA CITY HOME OF E.W. MARLAND, OKLAHOMA OIL TYCOON, GOVERNOR, AND LEGISLATOR. IT LATER BECAME THE HOME OF JAY G. PARIS, LOCAL BUSINESSMAN AND RANCHER. MORE RECENTLY, IT HAS SERVED AS A COMMUNITY CENTER AND MUSEUM. LISTED IN NATIONAL REGISTER 9/28/1976.
Current Name
Address 1000 EAST GRAND
City PONCA CITY
County KAY
Lot
Block
Current Section NE 1/4 SECTION 24
Township 26N
Range 2E
Type BUILDING
Historic Function DOMESTIC: SINGLE DWELLING
Current Function SOCIAL: MEETING HALL
Area Signficance 1 ARCHITECTURE
Area Significance 2 INDUSTRY
Date Prepared NOVEMBER 1975
Year Built 1914-1916
Original Site YES
Architect/Builder FORSYTH, GEORGE, ARCHITECT
Architectural Style ITALIAN RENAISSANCE
Roof Material TERRA COTTA
Wall Material STUCCO
Window Material WOOD
Door Material WOOD
Decorative Details
Condition EXCELLENT
Comments
Restricted N